If you need a machine that will cut through leather, canvas, denim, vinyl, and even upholstery as well as regular, lightweight fabrics, you may want to consider buying Singer Heavy Duty 4452 Sewing Machine. Even though the designers had thick fabrics in mind when making this model, the adjustable presser foot pressure makes it convenient to sew lightweight materials too.
The design looks quite simple on the surface. This mechanical machine is not a beauty, but it won’t overwhelm you with gazillion of mind-boggling features, so it might be an option if you’re after a simple model with minimum guesswork.
If you’ve had a chance to use Singer 4423, this is its first cousin, upgraded with more stitch options. But the two are nearly identical in most other aspects.
This Singer boasts of great versatility, thanks to its bonus heavy duty accessories and great stitch speed. However, every seasoned sewist grows natural suspicion when it comes to all-inclusive models such as this one. Let’s take a look under the hood and see if it would be worth your money.
Main Features & Overview of Singer 4452 Heavy Duty
- SINGER HEAVY DUTY SEWING MACHINE: The SINGER Heavy Duty 4452 sewing machine boasts an array of features that make creating elegant garments and gifts for yourself and others fun and exciting. The Sewing machine with 32 built-in stitches includes 6 Basic, 7 Stretch, 18 Decorative Stitches and 1 Fully Automatic 1-step Buttonholes. A large variety of stitches for all types of sewing and perfect for crafts, home decor, clothing construction and much more
- AUTOMATIC NEEDLE THREADER SEWING MACHINE: After following the threading path printed right on the machine, this built-in feature helps you to effortlessly thread the eye of the needle without eye strain or frustration, Machine Size - 15.5 x 6.25 x 12 inches
- Maximum speed of 1,100 stitches per minute
- 60% stronger engine than standard sewing machines
- 32 built-in stitches: 6 basic, 7 stretch, 18 decorative,1 automatic one-step buttonholes
- Stainless steel bedplate
- Automatic needle threader
- Easy to load, top drop-in bobbin, with transparent cover
- Adjustable stitch length and width
- Adjustable presser foot pressure
- Reverse stitch lever
- LED lighting
- Bonus heavy duty accessories: even feed / walking foot, non-stick foot, 5-pack of needles size 16, clearance plate
You will notice that its exterior is plastic, but that shouldn’t worry you – it hides the metal frame interior, which should account for sturdiness and durability for many years to come. This type of construction isn’t typical for machines within this price range. And this machine includes a handle for carrying. But make no mistake – you won’t have an easy time carrying it around the house, so it’s better to allocate room for it so you don’t have to move it often.
The machine’s maximum sewing speed of 1,100 stitches per minute allows for great productivity. This power is comparable to industrial sewing machines, which are normally way above this price range. If you’re a professional tailor or a boutique owner, this machine should boost your productivity without causing too many issues. Since it’s mechanical, maintenance is pretty simple, unlike its computerized counterparts which require technicians’ help at least once a year.
One of this machine’s greatest advantages is ease of use, which makes it a great entry-level machine. Experienced users won’t have much to complain about either: a considerable number of built-in stitches, great power and speed will probably meet most of their needs. Quilters will be pleased with its free-motion sewing – just use the drop feed lever to adjust the feed teeth height.
- The machine is very easy to work with, great for beginners and seasoned sewists alike.
- Most customers find it easy to set up.
- You can remove a portion of the base to enable free-arm sewing, which is great for hard-to-reach areas such as cuffs and collars.
- Versatility. The adjustable presser foot pressure allows you to work with a great variety of fabrics. The heavy duty features such as the 60% stronger engine, as well as walking foot and non-stick foot enable the machine to handle leather and denim easily, as well as multiple layers of fabric.
- Sturdy and stable, the machine doesn’t shake the table while sewing.
- It has a razor thread cutter conveniently placed at the left.
- For a machine sewing at this speed, it is not very noisy, especially when oiled regularly.
- Even though it’s a budget-friendly solution, it’s still a wee bit too expensive for what it offers. If you are determined to buy it, note that it’s frequently on discounts on Amazon, JoAnn and other retailers.
- When sewing at maximum speed, it tends to break needles.
- The thread tension isn’t easily adjustable. Sometimes, it can be either too loose or too tight.
- Doesn’t perform well on the zigzag stitch. Buttonhole feature is also not satisfactory.
- Many users report that it starts jamming and skipping stitches pretty fast when sewing through thick fabrics. There are issues with backstitching too – the machine eats the bobbin thread.
- The package doesn’t include a case.
|SINGER | Heavy Duty 4452 Sewing Machine with 110 Stitch Applications, Metal Frame, Built-In Needle...||CHECK CURRENT PRICE|