When it comes to sewing tables, size does matter. Not that there are any strict rules, though. Someone might prefer a large, spacious sewing tables with loads of drawers, big and small, to accommodate both the bulkiest and the tiniest items. Others have their sewing gear confined to very small rooms, which means they definitely couldn’t make use of a huge sewing tables. Yet others might not want or need to splurge hundreds or even thousands of bucks on a mere table. Since these are non-combatable facts, I won’t argue for or against either option. To each her own table, I would say.
I’ve already written about best sewing machine tables in general, regardless of their dimensions or price. Now I will focus on small sewing tables, trying to present the best options on the market regarding affordability, functionality, and convenience.
Best Sewing Tables
Don’t let this table’s plain looks surprise you. It’s a cheap and very basic option intended for various uses, be it crafts, scrapbooking, sewing, writing an article. (Spoiler alert: I’m doing the latter on a very similar table, which I also occasionally use for sewing.) A huge pro for sewists and other craftspeople would be the measuring marker on the front edge. With 40 x 19 ¾ x 28 ½ inches, it definitely won’t take up much space in your crafts room. The melamine surface shouldn’t be easy to damage. And there are foldable steel locking legs, which provide stability and are very handy for storage. With somewhat over 49 pounds in weight, it’s not exactly light as a feather.
- This table can be used for scrapbooking, puzzles, beading and even as an extra table at the holidays
- The steel locking legs offer a sturdy base, but fold up neatly for easy storage
This 30-pound beauty might appear a bit too lightweight for fast sewing sprees. Indeed, according to some customers, it does wobble a bit – but only with powerful machines at high stitching speeds. It features a handy drop-down part that puts your machine on an adequate (and adjustable) height. You know how your back starts hurting when you sew for hours on end? You won’t have that problem with this table. Plus, it has an extendable part that you can fold when not needed, which is great for larger projects. Not too large, though – quilters might find it lacking some extra space. Another thing that I absolutely love is the bottom shelf. Even though it’s the only compartment, it’s still spacious enough to house majority of the stuff you need for the project at hand. It won’t arrive assembled, but it isn’t hard to put all the parts together.
Whatever their purpose, sewing tables can’t easily get any cheaper than this. Even though this table is very simple in style, you’ll be surprised how well it fits any room. And not just in terms of its small size – it also fits every style, thanks to its minimal lines. Plus, you can choose from multiple colors, slightly different in price. Mind you, this table wasn’t designed with sewing in mind. In fact, its main purpose is writing or working on a laptop. What with just 16.3 pounds in weight and composite wood as the sole material, you can’t expect it to be very sturdy. But if you’re after the cheapest option and don’t sew on high speeds, it just might be a perfect little table for you. (At least until you acquire more generous funds.) When done sewing, replace your machine with a laptop and keep rolling.
- Simple stylish design, Functional and suitable for any room
- Material: Premium quality composite wood. Shape: Rectangular
With this table, you can have your cake and eat it too. The working surface is spacious yet small enough for any sewing room, due to the expandable part. It’s stable yet movable, thanks to the rotating lockable caster wheels. It’s small in dimensions, yet will accommodate quite a lot of stuff. That’s because it has four open shelves on the side and an additional compartment at the bottom (I can already see my feet reclining there). With such a table, you don’t even need a separate sewing room. You can do your craft anywhere, and just fold the table and roll it away when done.
- Spacious worktop with rotating lockable casters for mobility
- Goes anywhere craft station with universial style
I love how this table easily turns into a cute little cabinet when you fold it – perfect for small apartments. However, don’t be too quick to conclude that it lacks storage space. On the contrary, it has three hidden bins and one adjustable shelf, perfect for all the tools you can’t do without. Plus, it has five swivel and two lockable wheels, which means you can move it wherever (and however often) you need. When open, it will provide more than enough space for average projects. The shelf on the inside will accommodate most sewing machines, or even a Cricut.
- 🌼【Your Reliable Space Saver】- Our folding table designed for your daily using can be folded into a cabinet when you do not use it or a computer table instantly when it comes to use. And it also has an amazing space saving without sacrificing its sturdiness. Its foldable design makes a good use of your space instead of creating useless room for you. The table is very easy to fold up according to just a few simple steps.
- 🌼【Spacious Storage Area】-With 3 hidden bins and 1 shelf, our folding home table is a premium storage helper for you to organize your stationery and craft tools and neat your table top and storage shelves. Besides, there is one adjustable shelve which can suit your specific needs. The shelves aside makes you easy access to the exact items that you frequently use.